Saturday, October 4, 2008

Homebound

Remember my PSA about going to the dentist? Well my root canal turned into me having the tooth pulled today and it was HORRIBLE, seriously HORRIBLE. On the bright side, it leaves me time at home to obsess over wedding details and blog about it!

I can think The Bride's Cafe for my latest obsession, is this bride not gorgeous! I love, love her hair and veil. I originally was thinking no veil but now, I might try and make this whole birdcage thing work.




Here are some great finds on Etsy and affordable too! My only small concern is that the birdcage veil/fascinator trend is all over the place right now but I still love it!

The popluar Twigs & Honey shop, she isn't taking custom orders right now but maybe soon, pieces run $50-60.



qgdesigns, veils run $60-75 and the pins are detachable so you could always use them again.



Sweets n' Lo, pieces run $40-50, more pins/fascinators than veils.



Portobello, $40-70.

Images Stephanie Williams via The Bride's Cafe and Etsy.

4 comments:

tina said...

I am obsessed with bird cage veils. I do wish that I would have spent a bit more money on mine though.

Leenie said...

There are a few other websites with homemade birdcages veils (no fscinators though)...I rodered mine through http://www.birdcageveils.com/.
http://www.unveiledbridaldesigns.com/index.html aslo has some great homemade stuff too. I love your blog by the way.

Isn't it frustrating when you have an idea (whether you had it months ago, or just now, when it wasn't trendy) and you can't use it until your wedding, only to find out when you can use it is right in the middle of when its a trend?

alissa said...

Oh Twigs & Honey is so amazing - I got a little birdcage number from her for our rehearsal dinner.

Pretty Bride said...

wow and i love the brides burst of yellow. bird cage veils are so classic and timeless. good luck with your search!