Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Project DIY: Episode 5

I realize I haven't been keeping my whole 15 day promise but sometimes these DIY projects irk me just thinking about them when I can't actually start doing anything. If it were up to me I would do everything now and then relax the other 9 months or whatever. My fiance has known me long enough (10 years to be exact) to realize I change my mind, a lot. But...I would think if something were completed that would keep me from changing my mind, no? Well in any case, on with the show!


Episode 5: Table Cards

Originally I did not want table cards, I did not want seating cards. I wanted a very casual sit where you like atmosphere, something feels weird to me about you sit here, you sit there, you sit next to this guy you don't know. However, my mom made a good point, certain people are going to want to sit next to certain people, and instead of making my 87 year old grandmother rush to save seats so she can be next to her son, daughter or grandchildren, the assigned seating was born.

I have two thoughts about the table cards, do we go with something meaningful that shows our personality, or just something simple that serves its purpose. I saw this post on Weddingbee that I thought was super cute but I would have no patience for. I found this card via Bklyn Bride and really like the graphic-iness (nice word!) of it.


Or the other route, we were maybe thinking each table would be named after one of our favorite designers, since my fiance and I are all in to that. Probably simple grey and white images, more of a sketch than photograph so they don't stand out too much. Maybe even the back would tell the history or maybe how it relates to us. Some contenders:


*this is a joke, I would not use the picture of Brange at Fallingwater, we have our own Fallingwater pics however we do not look nearly as glam


What do you think, more personal and playful or should table cards just simply be numbers, serve their purpose, no fuss? Ease Level: Medium

Images found: #1, 2, 5 here, #3 here, #4, here. Also, check out this Weddingbee post on table cards-here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am loving your Project DIY feature. I can't wait to see what else you have in store!

Anonymous said...

it's hard to say. i think it depends on how busy the rest of the table looks and how much detail you go into on other paper products throughout. we are having a simple simple table set-up, so i want the table numbers to actually have a baby photo of each of us on one side (We look really similar) and a quote and number on the other. if the table was full, i dont think they would even get noticed. an elegantly written number can look spectacular and that is about as simple as it gets!

we are also asigning people to TABLES but not to seats! we kind of know who would want to sit by who, and so that way they are not having to rush to get near each other, but can leave a little room for choosing amongst themselves where to sit.