Saturday, March 8, 2008

Project DIY: Episode 4

Episode 4: Save the Dates

Since I am only in the gathering ideas stage and not the actual making stage I won't have any fun pictures to share but I will make sure to post them as soon as any production begins. We are going with the increasingly popular postcard save the date. Only I suppose to save on envelopes and waste as we will probably end up using the same Eames 42 cent stamp since postcard stamps are generally ugs.

I am thinking the front of the postcard will have an image (photograph or drawing) of me and the fiance. Something a little vintage, artistic, or maybe comical. Back of the postcard will have one half decorative in the pattern we like, with a sqaure where addresses are inserted. Other side will have area info/date. Pretty simple but the invitations are going to be pretty fab and I just want the save the date to be easy.
What are your favorite save the dates you have seen?

3 comments:

tina said...

Have you seen this link in Junebug weddings?

http://junebugweddings.com/blogs/what_junebug_loves/archive/2008/02/26/flickr-inspiration-galleries-save-the-dates.aspx

I am sending my STDs off to the printer this week. I can't wait! I am dying to work on something. I'm still about 10 addresses short of printing my address labels. It's killing me. I want to work on something so bad!

A Windy City Wedding said...

That link is awesome, thank you Tina!

A Windy City Wedding said...
This comment has been removed by the author.