Friday, February 15, 2008

After Six

So I was wondering if anyone out there has ever looked at, worn, tried on a dress from After Six? I had never heard of this company before but the prices seem pretty reasonable ($100-150). I was really against bridesmaids dresses before, I am only having 3 and wanted them to be able to just buy a dress from Macy's or Anthropologie or wherever their little hearts desired as long as it was in the same color family. However now I am thinking I want things a little more streamlined because the wedding is going to be a little more formal than I originally anticipated. But I was pleasantly surprised to find cute styles on the After Six site, plus there are so many styles that come in the same fabric the girls would still have options if not all wanted the same dress.

Which would you pick??

My only fear is some of the more satin fabrics (like the third dress) seem to look more silver than gray and I want to make sure it is obvious our colors are greens and grays and not green and silver.

5 comments:

natalie said...

I agree on the color- only that last one appears truly grey. It looks very pretty, though! I agree, too, since there are so many shades of grey/silver and you are worried about there being confusion, its better to just pick out one dress or one fabric which comes in a few different dresses.

Monica said...

I like the last two. They're so different -- you'd have to pick the one that works best with your gown. If any of your girls are very "well-endowed" you may want to skip the v-neck. However, a strapless gown is not as much of a default as it's made out to be --it's not very attractive if a woman is yanking at her dress all night.

That's my two cents! :-)

It's A Jaime Thing said...

I love their collection. Our bridesmaids wore dresses by them, and they were absolutely perfect. I was really impressed by the quality, comfort and beauty...I'd highly recommend them! Good luck!

-Jaime @ "It's A Jaime Thing"
www.justjaime28.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

I like the first one. It^s simple and formal and could also be worn for a picnic type thing, an easter event etc. It's not so low cut as the last one.

Anonymous said...

My bridesmaids wore dresses similar to the last one and though I don't know what sizes your girls are, it was absolutely flattering on each of my 5 (ranging from a 0 to a 12). They were GORGEOUS.