I have some tips on ceremony music from my Knot Complete Guide to Weddings and my Knot Guide to Wedding Vows and Traditions (I got them as a package for only $20 or so on Amazon) that I thought I would share.
The prelude is the music played before the ceremony begins and should start as soon as the doors to your ceremony site open. This music is one of the guests first impressions of your wedding and therefore you should set a mood or a theme. You should plan for about ten to twenty minutes of music. The book has lists for classical/traditional or contemporary.
Some songs I kind of like for the prelude:
Crazy Love - Van Morrison
Falling Slowly - Glen Hansard, Once Soundtrack
Sea of Love - Cat Power
Maybe I'm Amazed - Jem
In My Life - The Beatles
Twenty Two Fourteen - The Album Leaf
Songbird - Eva Cassidy
Ben Folds - The Luckiest
Our ceremony site has an amazing organ so we would maybe like to use that. I am just not sure how many songs you can play on an organ that are not super traditional.
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Ceremony Music - The Prelude
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
IF you have an expert organist you play about anything on an organ.
Post a Comment