Bear with me as I vent.
We have narrowed down the catering to two companies and I have had communication issues with both, already, not a great sign. Today put the icing on the cake however when company A still had not responded to our several e-mails. We needed an updated proposal and to schedule a tasting before we make our final decision. At the first and only meeting, company A did let me know she would be off on maternity leave this summer, therefore I was hoping to pick between the two before she left. Well no response, no response, weeks, months, no response so I decide to call. Oh she went on maternity leave about a week ago. Umm you couldn't have at least e-mailed me back before you would be gone for 2-3 months.
I just don't get this industry, my guess is that people are having 200-500 guest weddings and spending hundreds and thousands and my measly 70 person wedding means nothing. It is just a bummer. All weddings are not created equal apparently. Sigh.
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Frustrated
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Rest assured that you're not alone. I'm having a 250 guest wedding and half of my vendors don't return my calls either. I don't get how they can be SO bad at their jobs and still make it. Grrrrr!
Personal attention is so important. I really don't understand why this vendor would be so unprofessional. Call me bridezilla or what not but I'm not taking that nonsense. I would take my business else where. I feel your pain. Good Luck girl!
I have felt your pain. And it is very frustrating... especially if you have ever worked in client services. I would never work with a project/client that way... you better believe that everything would have been wrapped up and you would have had a back up contact introduced!
:)
I am also having a 70ish person wedding and often wondered if my wedding was small potatoes to some of the vendors...
Keep looking. You will find someone who you will be happy to work with!
As a side note... have you looked into FIG catering? I am using them as they special in 'intimate gatherings.'
woah! sorry for the Long comment!
oh no! Some vendors can be so hard to get ahold of. I'm dealing with that with the woman in charge of our venue. It's so frustrating! I feel your pain.
Thank you for making me feel better! Glad to know people are dropping the ball all over the globe and not just Chicago.
Post a Comment