If you live anywhere near Barrington, IL I would recommend going to A L'amour. If you live anywhere near me in Evanston I would not recommend going to A L'amour. It took us an hour and a half to get there in the middle of the afternoon, no thanks! Plus, it was SO hot yesterday. But they did have some beautiful dresses, a little more on the expensive side. I tried on this dress from Augusta Jones and two from Judd Waddell.
They were nice dresses but just not "the one." I liked seeing a variety but I didn't feel that my sales associate was bringing what I had described. I say no huge skirts but I got a lot of huge skirts. Maybe that's all they carry? I like it better when I can see the dresses and pick myself. I also thought she was showing me the high end of my budget and not a range but she is trying to get a good sale, that is her job.
She mentioned something about a Judd Waddell trunk show in July, check it out if you are interested. And you can ask him why he is making an average size girl feel humungo by making his dress sizes so small and then charging an extra $200 to get a "plus size" dress. Boooo.
Friday, June 13, 2008
The Great Dress Search: A L'amour
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Try Doris in Highwood.
I did try A L'Amour when I was looking and I went all over the Chicago area. I ended up at Doris' and loved it.
Just BEAUTIFUL dress!! It is looking cool and stylish!! Great find!!
Post a Comment