I am once again obsessing, yes I admit I am obsessing, about the bridesmaid dresses. I care more about them than my own dress. I have found a few contenders but still I feel unsatisfied. Anything I like is either a. the wrong shade of grey or green or b. way more than I would ask my girls to spend. These could work...
J.Crew Strapless Florence Dress in Grey Mist, $250.00
Pros: Nice color grey, universally flattering shape, rope belt can be removed, not super "bridesmaidy"
Cons: Cost is $250 yikes, not everyone likes strapless (and one of my maids is fairly well endowed)
Macy's Maggie London Pleated Silk Dress in Vapor, $158.00
Pros: Only $158 and less likely to need alterations, not "bridesmaidy" and really could be worn again
Cons: Shiny grey has potential to look more like silver which I really don't want

J. Crew Polka-dot Rosette Dress in Light Pewter, $168.00
Pros: Pretty spring grey color, love the dots, non "bridesmaidy"and unique, could be worn again, decent price at $168
Cons: Not thrilled about the rosette, fitted through hips which might not be flattering on all bodies, can't find a free shipping coupon so I can order one to see what it looks like
UPDATE: Found a free shipping coupon from J. Crew, woo hoo, and Macy's had 99 cent shipping so I will let you know what the verdict is when they arrive! If anyone else would like free shipping for $100 or more e-mail me and I will give you the code.

4 comments:
I am obsessing more about what my BMs are going to wear also. Sometimes I have to remember what my dress looks like. jk...kind of.
love the maggie london dresses!
LOVE the J.Crew one. I obsessed myself right out of a grey dress and into a black one. All of the greys I liked were far too expensive or strapless. Good luck! I hope one of them works!
I, too, obsessed over bridesmaids' dresses more than my own since I'll be wearing my mother's beautiful dress. One of my bridesmaids and I did find a perfect dress - it's long, elegant, black, and with a sweetheart neckline. I even got one for myself!
Anyways, I think that if you have a busty bridesmaids that your third option (polka dot dress) would be difficult for her to fit into (without flashing everyone).
Post a Comment