Tuesday, April 22, 2008

FOOD: Cast Your Vote

It looks like we have pretty much narrowed down our caterer to two choices, both said they would e-mail me last week and never did but I guess I am getting more used to that. I know I have a ton of time and that is probably why they are in no rush but to me if you say you are going to send info, send it.

The real question is, how to serve the food? I was completely against a plated dinner and all for food stations, but now I am realizing just how much space in our venue the food stations would take up. Then I was thinking we could do all passed, like appetizers? but one of the caterers said you would have to eat a whole lot of those to feel full. Then the idea of tapas style was appealing. Bring several little plates at a time to each table, eat from those and then more plates come and so on, no food tables taking up space and still have the variety.

The whole point is I just want it to feel fun and relaxed, no: you have to sit and eat for x amount of time, no: your turn to visit the food station, just fun, party atmosphere, eat, drink, dance, mingle. Have you seen of heard of any unique ways of serving food? If you were a guest what would be your preference?

Please vote over on the top right!

(I realize I spelled hor'doeurves wrong but it won't let me change it now!)

2 comments:

Tara Vorhes said...

if you really want the flow of a 'cocktail style' party instead of a seated meal but are worried about the stations taking up too much room maybe consider doing a combination of passed and displayed food but not necessarily 'stations.' then you don't need a 'chef' and yes it is basically like a buffet but if you are doing a cocktail party there is no 'now your table can get food' but more of a casual movement. i like 'grazing' so this works for me if i was a guest!

James said...

old people dont like to graze