Monday, April 28, 2008

Latest Obsession: CHAIRS

So between obsessing about the food and the bridesmaid dresses I have found time to obsess about the chairs we are going to rent for the reception. Our venue does not have chairs or tables so we will be renting everything. Originally I thought we would go with the white wood folding chair, standard and under 4 bucks each (which still seems like a lot for what it is).



Then I thought how nice the Chivari chairs would look nice in white with the square tables, those come in around 9 bucks each and then white cushions are not included in the price, only ivory, so another $1.75 per cushion! This seemed ridiculous and I personally don't like the bamboo detail on the Chivari.



THEN I found the Ghost chairs!


I was in love, my fiance and I have always wanted one of these and thought how awesome would they look at our reception, so unique and very us, and when I got the quote back...


$50 each! For ONE CHAIR.


Ok I DO NOT love them that much, we could buy ourselves 8.5 Ghost chairs with that kind of money. So alas we will probably go with the least expensive folding white wood "garden" chair.
Anyone else been obsessing over chairs?


Images and price estimates from Hall's and Tablescapes.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I decided long ago that I am going to deal with the chairs our venue is supplying. It was a way to cut costs.

but seriously, why does someone think that is reasonable to charge $50 a chair? And who pays that?!

Miss G said...

This must be the post for all the Kelly's to comment on! :)

I too had a chair issue. It was my main worry for several days. goodness! if God brought my fiance and I together he's gonna provide places for people to sit to watch us get married!

Anyway, every magazine pic has the Chivari's and I love that you can hang things off of them. I really like them and then found out they were $8 around here. A quick calculation brought me to a cool $4000 FOR CHAIRS! I couldn't imagine spending way more for something for people to SIT ON than I did for my dress. Anyway, I still don't know for sure what chairs we will have but I've been able to let go of the Chivari. I can't even believe that ghost chair price! come on! wow.

hang in there. as I keep telling myself, no one is going to remember what kinds of chairs we have! Kelly

Anonymous said...

if they were ghost chairs they would remember